Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bananas!!!!

I have a few random thoughts to share...

1.) I really wanted to make banana muffins but had not planned things too well, and so I only had bananas that were not ripe yet. I figured there must be some way to make them ripen faster. After I did some digging online I decided to follow one piece of advice that kept coming up over and over....put your not ripe bananas in a brown paper bag with apples. I guess the apples give off ethylene gases which make your bananas ripen faster. So when I bought the bananas Saturday morning they looked like this:


I left them in a bag all day long with apples and when I looked at them Saturday night they had totally browned. They looked like this:


So, happy news! I could make my banana muffins. They were sure yummy! They probably would have been even more perfect if I had left the bananas in with the apples for a day longer. Awesome.

2.) I have a new favorite food site. It is called foodgawker.com. Every time I pull it up I just want to cook cook cook because it has such amazing recipes on it. It is sooo amazing, trust me!

2 comments:

Casey said...

Wow! That's a nice tip to know! I had no idea!

Howard and Tresa Fish said...

You're my inspiration :)