Friday, May 18, 2012

Carrot Cake Cupcakes

I have actually been able to find a little free time...and I have the cupboards and kitchen in my house to work with so I have been cooking like crazy! I love it. My last semester student teaching was super super busy so I hardly tried any new recipes. This has been great. Makes me happy. :)

Lately I have been a bit obsessed with cupcakes. I am not someone that eats out a lot...but after I finished student teaching I decided to treat myself to a Cocoa Bean cupcake. Their German Chocolate cupcake is my FAVORITE.  And their cupcakes are just so cute... I now want my own cupcake cafe ...haha. I decided to look online for a good cupcake recipe and I found one! Carrot cake cupcakes...mmm. I found the recipe on this blog: http://half-bakedbaker.blogspot.com/2011/11/best-ever-carrot-cake-cupcakes.html. The title and the pictures of the cupcakes sold me on the idea. Plus, the recipe used 3 cups of carrots, as well as some pineapple and applesauce so it sounded really legit.

They turned out really good! The cake is dense and not super sweet. But its alright because the frosting really sweetens everything up. I love the frosting recipe! The proportions are just right. I will definitely be using it again in the future.

I don't have any cake decorating stuff at my house so I think the cupcakes turned out pretty good considering. :)



3 comments:

Howard and Tresa Fish said...

May I just say that these cupcakes are absolutely irresistible! The texture and sweetness is perfect with the frosting creamy and rich. Make them! You won't regret it :)

Casey said...

Wow. Those look GOOD. Way to go, Car!

Katie Fish said...

They sure look pretty!! Nice job, Carli!