Sunday, January 9, 2011

Chicken Sticky Fingers


I recently had a craving for Winger's Sticky Fingers, but really did not want to fork over the money to buy them. So... I decided to make my own and looked up the recipe online. There were many different versions. The recipe that I like the most was found on therecipeoftheweek.blogspot.com. I was so impressed by it. I am pretty sure if you put it next to the real wingers sticky fingers in a taste line-up, people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I fed the final product to a group of about twelve people and they went crazy over them...everything was devoured.

Recipe: Winger's Sticky Fingers Sauce

3 T. Franks Original Red Hot Sauce (This is what makes the sauce!)
2 T. Water
3/4 C. Brown Sugar

Put ingredients in a bowl. Mix until combined.

Yes, it is that easy. And it tastes GREAT!

Comments:


The original recipe states that you should heat up the ingredients in a sauce pan. I decided not to do this (just to save time) and it still turned out great. But, I am sure you could heat them up in a saucepan while your chicken cooks.

I used breaded Kroger Chicken Strips for this recipe. They complemented the sauce extremely well.

HAPPY COOKING!

3 comments:

Casey said...

This looks awesome!!! We want to make them!

Howard and Tresa Fish said...

Wait 'till Katie sees this! I'm gonna do it too!

Katie Fish said...

Oh yum!!! I will definitely have to try these! Thanks for the recipe Miss Carlita! :)