Sunday, January 9, 2011

Scotcheroos


I absolutely love butterscotch! I just find it sooo tasty. This is a classic recipe and is extremely yummy. I found the original recipe at http://ricekrispies.com/#/Default. I altered it a little bit.

Recipe:

1 C light corn syrup
1 C sugar
1 C peanut butter (You can use fatty peanut butter like Jif or Skippy. If you want a healthier version of this recipe try Kroger Natural Creamy Peanut Butter-found at Smith's-it is much healthier and tastes nearly the same!)
5 Cups Rice Krispies® or 6 cups Cocoa Rice Krispies®
1 C semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup butterscotch chips

In a medium saucepan, add corn syrup and sugar. Cook ingredients over medium heat. Stir often, until the sugar has dissolved. Once the mixture begins to boil remove it from the heat. Add the peanut butter, and stir until combined. Add Rice Krispies. Fold Rice Krispies into mixture until the Krispies are well coated. Pour mixture into a cooking spray coated 13x9 pan and press until they are at an even thickness. Leave to the side.

For the top layer of the Scotcheroos melt the chocolate morsels and butterscotch chips in a medium saucepan on low heat. Stir constantly. When chips are melted and combined, pour over cereal mixture. Spread until evenly coated. Leave until hardened.

Cut and serve!

Comments:

The original recipe calls for 6 Cups of Rice Krispies. I like my Scotcheroos to be more chewy and sticky, so I use only five cups. Also, if you want them to have a thicker butterscotch taste, you can change the topping ratio to 1 and 1/4 cup butterscotch and only 3/4 cup chocolate morsels.

HAPPY COOKING!

3 comments:

Casey said...

YUMMY!!!!!!!! These ROCK! Thanks for posting!! And that is one good picture! Hahahhaaha.

Howard and Tresa Fish said...

OH man! It's really hard to keep these out'a my mouth!

Casey said...

Carli, Jean came to my baby shower yesterday and told me that she made these scotcheroos from your blog!!! Haha. AWESOME!!